July 3, 2012

The Fat Man

No matter how many times I try to assure myself that I am exercising for my health and fitness, I just can't seem to believe myself. Deep down inside, I am pretty sure, I am sweating my ass off for looking good. Duh! It's a self confidence issue. Or maybe, good looking people are better accepted in society, and the media has set this in stone. The stereotype bias is a very real thing. First impressions matter a lot, especially in the dating game. It would be brutally naive to think that physical attractiveness is not a major card in the game of love. Well, at least in the beginning, and then all you have to do is maintain the balance between being a douche-bag and a pansy, to keep the relationship running. Relationships aren't things left to fate and the mystery of love. It takes effort. Anything worth its existence requires effort. If looking good is just another incentive for my partner to be "my partner"... then I don't see why not. Does this fall into the range of "don't change yourself for another person"? (S)He'll love you know matter how you look? That's a pitiful excuse. Get your ass in gear, it's not just for your partner, but the society demands you to look better.


I exercise and maintain a good diet to look good. Health and fitness are a very beneficial side effect. Things got much easier once I accepted that.

Where do you stand? I believe I am overweight(25%), but my partner strongly insists that I am fit(15%), and she thinks that I act like a anorexic high school girl. LOL :D

Honestly, I love exercising. There used to be a time when I couldn't even do a single push up and I used to be 85kg. One fine day, I began to notice I had a receding hairline, and that flushed the last of my self confidence down the drain. That was two years ago and a lot has changed since then. I dropped to 62kg at one point. Then, I wished to get stronger and hit the gym... more like escape the gym. I am a slacker at heart. The first time didn't last more than 2 months. A year later, I gym-ed again... for a month! Yeah, I realize I am not making a case for myself. I feel really guilty for not committing to it. In my final year, I did do something about it, though. I used to exercise in my room. Cardio, dumbbells, push ups, pull up rod, yoga mat... a little bit of moving your body gets you going a long way. I used to follow the p90 master series by Tony Horton.

Well, all of that was meager effort. I really want to try this for real, this time around. For the past one month, I have taken up running. Five km a day, five days a week, did me good. I shall retry the gym when my work begins (July 23rd)... heavy protein diet and all. Now, that I earn, I won't have an excuse about spending money on gym and the right food.

I am planning to follow this - http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/go-from-zero-to-hero-in-one-year.htm

I know it's a fool's wish, but I want to eventually transform into this: